Saturday 18 February 2012

"Bad Religion" To Begin Writing New Album In July

Bad Religion bassist Jay Bentley sat down for an interview with The AU Review today, and said that the band is expected to begin writing their anticipated-new album in July for a late 2012/early 2013 release. He explains: “How albums work for us we’ll go ‘Hey you wanna make an album? Yeah. When are we gonna do it? I don’t know. Let’s pencil something in for July. Is that gonna work? I don’t know’ [laugh] I saw Brett a couple of days ago at a party and said ‘Hey I’ve written two songs’ Awesome! Talk to Greg ‘I’ll look for my guitar. I think it’s in the garage.’ Thats how albums get written by us!” Bad Religion’s most recent studio album, The Dissent of Man, was released in 2010 on Epitaph, but they announced last June that a new album is in the works. If their new record does surface next year, it’ll be continue the three year pattern between Bad Religion albums (the first being The Empire Strikes First in 2004, New Maps of Hell in 2007 and The Dissent of Man in 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment