Saturday 13 August 2011

Henry Rollins To Release ‘Occupants’ Photo-Book

Punk Rock Icon Henry Rollins’ book ‘Occupants’ is due for release on September 30th. The book will contain photographs and writings by Rollins in various locations around the world such as Bangladesh, Burma, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Northern Ireland, Saudi Arabia, South Africa from over the past few years. In the book, Rollins pairs some of his own shot photographs from his travels with commentary and context in a sort of “political commentary”. Rollins said of the book “Many years ago, I started working on a collection of photographs for eventual publication. I do a lot of traveling, and as much as I write when I am in these places, a photograph speaks a different language, so I started hauling camera gear around with me everywhere I went and documented moments as best as I could.
“I decided to call the book ‘Occupants’. I figure that’s what we are. We get some time on the planet and that’s it.”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment