Friday 5 September 2014

Barber Turns Hair Into Amazing Works Of Art

Master barber Rob Ferrell designs haircuts based on celebrity's faces and shaves them into heads of hair at his barbershop in San Antonio, Texas, U.S. From Nelson Mandela to Marilyn Monroe, Rob's incredibly detailed portraits are instantly recognisable. Using little more than a pair of clippers, a traditional metal razor and some eyeliner pencils, the hair artist, also known as 'Rob the Original' has recreated a whole host of iconic faces including Albert Einstein and Audrey Hepburn. The former carpenter discovered his talent after using his 14-year-old brother as guinea pig for his first portrait in 2008. He said: ‘I started doing designs at the local barber shop, but when other barbers started picking up on my hair designs I wanted to try something different. ‘That's when I decided to try out portraits. I did great on my first try and everyone who saw my first portrait was truly amazed.’ Rob became a celebrity in his own right when his portrait of basketball player Tony Parker went viral in 2012. And since then, people have been flocking to his barber shop from all over the country requesting custom designs. From rapper Tupac Shakur, actor Johnny Depp, to President Barack Obama, Rob's designs are proving to be a cut above the rest with fans. He added: ‘My clients always are very supportive. They always compliment me when I do portraits. They brag to their friends about me being their barber. ‘I'm proud of all my hair art. I love to show people the 3D portraits I'd done of Bob Marley and Tommy Chong, because the reaction is amazing.’ (dailymail)

No comments:

Post a Comment