Thursday 12 January 2012

Santigold Titles New Album

Santigold has revealed the title of her second studio album. The singer has named the record Master of My Make-Believe and has worked with a range of people, including Greg Kurstin, Switch and Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Santigold told V magazine: "I'm really hands-on with everything. It's the difference between an artist and a plain popstar, right?" She then explained that part of the album was recorded in Jamaica, before unveiling and explaining its title. Santigold added: "My record is called Master of My Make-Believe because I want it to be about creating your own reality. I have a song called 'The Keepers': 'We're the keepers, while we sleep in America our house is burning down.'" The star has previously described her new material as "dynamic and powerful" and teased that there will be a mix of club anthems and ballads.

No comments:

Post a Comment